SBA advocates for positive change to the issues impacting the lives of people living with Spina Bifida.
How we’ll accomplish this:
- Appropriations: Advocate to increase funding for the National Spina Bifida Program at CDC and Spina Bifida research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Teal on the Hill Event: Engage members of the Spina Bifida community in face-to-face advocacy to increase funding for the National Spina Bifida Program at CDC and Spina Bifida research at NIH.
- Grassroots Advocacy: Engage members of the SBA community to meet with their Representatives and Senators in their district offices on issues related to appropriations and advocacy coalition work.
- Advocacy Coalitions: Continue to join or lead coalitions to advance “global” issues related to health and disability rights.
- State Advocacy: Work with SBA Advocacy Committee to develop and implement a plan to engage local Spina Bifida communities in advocacy with their state legislatures.