[Arlington, Virginia, February 21, 2020]- The Spina Bifida Association (SBA) announces its inaugural group of 31 clinics from across the country that met 10 standards identified as best practices to care for people with Spina Bifida. These clinics have dedicated health care professionals who partner with people living with Spina Bifida and their families to provide expert care and help identify research priorities.
Clinic Care Partners will collaborate with other providers and SBA to share ideas with a national network of providers that have also been recognized as SBA Clinic Care Partners. During this 4-year partnership, they will implement best practices that ensure people with Spina Bifida receive the best care possible to have fulfilling lives.
“We are excited to begin working with our first group of Clinic Care Partners. These clinics are dedicated to improving the lives of people living with Spina Bifida, working with the SBA and their peers in the medical community, sharing ideas and best practices to help ensure people in the Spina Bifida community receive care that allows them to live their best lives,” said Judy Thibadeau, SBA’s Director of Research and Services.
The inaugural group of awardees will be presented at SBA’s 2nd Annual Clinical Care Meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from June 4-6.
The 2020 Clinic Care Partners are:
- Children’s of Alabama – Birmingham, Alabama
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham – Birmingham, Alabama
- District Medical Group – Phoenix, Arizona
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital – Phoenix Arizona
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital – Little Rock, Arkansas
- Children’s Hospital Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California
- Shriners Hospitals for Children, Northern California – Sacramento, California
- Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital – Loma Linda, California
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital – San Francisco, California
- Stanford University – Palo Alto, California
- Children’s Hospital Colorado – Aurora, Colorado
- Connecticut Children’s Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut
- Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children – Orlando, Florida
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago – Chicago, Illinois
- Riley Children’s Hospital – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Kennedy Krieger Institute – Baltimore, Maryland
- Boston Children’s Hospital – Boston, Massachusetts
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare – Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Children’s Mercy Kansas City – Kansas City, Missouri
- Duke University Hospital – Durham, North Carolina
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital – Columbus, Ohio
- Penn State Health – Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children – Dallas Texas
- Cook Children’s Medical Center – Fort Worth, Texas
- Texas Children’s Hospital – Houston, Texas
- Primary Children’s Hospital/Intermountain Healthcare – Salt Lake City, Utah
- UW Health/American Family Children’s Hospital – Madison, Wisconsin
- Children’s Wisconsin – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
About the Spina Bifida Association: The mission of the Spina Bifida Association is to build a better and brighter future for all people impacted by Spina Bifida. The SBA achieves its mission through the work of volunteers—adults with Spina Bifida, family members and caregivers, and health care providers—throughout the nation. SBA touches thousands of people each year through research, clinical care, education and support, network building, and advocacy.