This year we celebrated the Spina Bifida community at 20 Walk-N-Rolls across the country as well as the 50th Anniversary of the Spina Bifida Association. We saw a year of our largest number of participants with 3,786 and an amazing fundraising total of $568,859. We also added Charleston, SC to our fabulous line up.
Our Walk-N-Roll Your Way had its best year yet raising over $20,000! We are so excited to see this Walk-N-Roll grow in 2024.
Here are some the 2023 Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida highlights. Let’s take a minute to look back at the Walk-N-Roll events and chapters that go above and beyond in supporting their local and National Spina Bifida community:
Top Fundraising Walk-N-Roll’s:
- SBA of California- raising $111,345
- SBA of the Carolinas- raising $92,269
- SBA of Kentucky- raising $73,477
Top Fundraising Individuals:
- Angelo Hoitink, raising $30,286 for SBA of California
- Eric Tobin, raising $17,740 for SBA of California
- Jenna Brown, raising $13,976 for SBA of the Carolinas
Largest Teams: (teams with the most participants)
- Team Angelo/Oaktree Abilities-142 teammates
- DMV Walk-N-Roll Your Way- 114 teammates
- Team D’kai- 77 teammates
*Special shout out to our Largest Clinic Team- USC/CHLA Spina Bifida Fetal Surgery Team- 65 teammates
This year also marked a first for our Ambassador Program. We are so thankful for this inaugural group of Walk-N-Roll rockstars and look forward to welcoming the next round of ambassadors early next year.
YOUR DONATIONS IN ACTION:
Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is the Spina Bifida Association’s largest fundraiser of the year. Money raised by YOU has a powerful impact on the Spina Bifida community.
- Your $100 donation gives a voice to our community that allows them to advocate for better insurance coverage and more funding for Spina Bifida clinics. Our advocacy platform speaks directly to decision makers in all levels of government.
- Your $500 donation provides special opportunities to our local communities for scholarships, grants, SBA educational programs and more.
- Your $750 donation helps us provide educational opportunities for physicians to ensure that all expectant parents receive current and accurate information during the diagnosis.
- Your $1500 donation will help us work toward building a clinician-to-clinician hotline so doctors who have never treated someone with Spina Bifida can consult with someone who has.
Thank you again to our volunteers, donors, participants, and sponsors who helped make this year’s Walk-N-Roll one to remember!
If you want to learn more about how you can join us in working to build a better and brighter future for all those impacted by Spina Bifida or have questions about the Walk-N-Roll program, please contact Libby Riordan, National Director of Special Events.
We look forward to celebrating with YOU in 2024. Stay tuned for next year’s Walk-N-Roll line up and ways that you can stay engaged with us all year!