We hosted our inaugural Clinical Care Meeting in partnership with Lurie Children’s Hospital from June 28-30 in Chicago, Illinois. Clinicians from around the country, Spina Bifida Association Board (SBA) members and Chapter leaders came together to learn about the latest in the care of people with Spina Bifida and to share ideas with each other. Highlights from the weekend included:
- New research on issues of importance among the Spina Bifida community and the Guidelines for the Care of People with Spina Bifida
- Introduction of the SBA Clinic Care Partner program
- Emerging research from the National Spina Bifida Program at the CDC
- Breakout sessions included: Care Coordination, Transition, Sexuality and how to become an SBA Clinic Care Partner
- A networking reception where attendees had the opportunity to meet each other and our sponsors and exhibitors.
This event would not have been possible without the dedicated staff from Lurie Children’s Hospital. We also want to send a huge thank you to our premier sponsor, Hollister and our proud sponsors Aeroflow Urology, Coloplast, Cure Medical, Cuties, and the NuMotion Foundation. We cannot wait to do it again next year from June 3-6 in Philadelphia Pennsylvania in collaboration with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
To help us to continue to provide meaningful events that benefit our community, support our efforts by donating here.