The Guidelines were developed to provide every healthcare professional–from generalists to specialists–a road map of the best evidenced-based and expert treatment available from birth through adulthood.
The Guidelines are as follows, grouped by topic. Please click the link of Guideline you wish to view.
System of Care
- Care Coordination
- Health Promotion and Preventive Health Care Services
- Prenatal Counseling
Psychosocial Context for Self-Management
Neuropsychology and Neurosurgery
Mobility, Orthopedics, and Physical Activity
Urology and Sexual Health
Specific Health Issues
- Bowel Function and Care
- Endocrine: Puberty and Precocious Puberty
- Endocrine and the Use of Human Growth Hormone
- Integument (Skin)
- Latex and Latex Allergy in Spina Bifida
- Nutrition, Metabolic Syndrome, and Obesity
- Osteoporosis and Bone Health
- Sleep-Related Breathing Disorders
Listen as Spina Bifida Association Assistant Medical Director, Dr. Brad Dicianno, talks about the release of the fourth edition of Guidelines for the Care of People with Spina Bifida.