FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sheliah Roy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Spina Bifida Association’s 2018 Walk-N-Rolls raise over $500,000
[May 9 2018, Arlington, VA] The Spina Bifida Association’s (SBA) Walk-N-Roll events raised 535,000, hosted over 5,000 attendees at 23 events nationwide.
Walk-N-Roll for Spina Bifida is the SBA’s largest annual fundraising event for local community programs and national research, advocacy, education, and support. People of all ages participate in this non-competitive one-mile walk/roll, educational resource fair, games, and carnival-like atmosphere.
The money raised goes to promoting the mission of SBA, nationally and locally. “It is exciting to see communities come together, renew friendships, make new friends and most importantly have fun,” explained Kristi Wass, National Director of Chapter Development ad Walks.
Some leading fundraisers were:
Top Three Fundraising Chapters:
1. SBA of Kentucky with three Walks, raising $64,000
2. SBA of California, with three Walks, raising $58,000
3. SBA of North Texas, with one Walk, raising $55,579
Top Fundraising Walks:
1. SBA of North Texas raising $55,579
2. SBA of Iowa raising $41,000
3. SBA of Arizona raising $35,000
SBA of Indiana, SBA of the Carolinas, SBA of California, and Walk-N-Roll Houston
Top Fundraising Teams
- HP from VIP from SBA of North Texas: raising $14,000
- Sagan and Katelyn’s Krew from SBA of Michigan raising $10,180
- Evenly’s Entourage from SBA of Kentucky raising $8,751
Honorable mention to:
Team Karyn from SBA of Indiana raising $7122
Team Go Rose from SBA of the Intermountain Region raising, $6,165
Top 3 Fundraising Individuals:
1. HP the VIP from SBA of North Texas: raising $14,100
2. James Armijo from SBA of the Intermountain Region: raising $5,545
3. Abigail Benson from SBA of California: raising $5,150
About Spina Bifida Association
The mission of the Spina Bifida Association is to promote the prevention of Spina Bifida and enhance the lives of all affected. We work to make a practical, positive difference every day, helping to improve care so individuals can enjoy life to the fullest. The Spina Bifida Association (SBA) provides information, resources, assistance, advocacy, and connections to help all those affected by Spina Bifida.