SBA spearheads, through the Spina Bifida Collaborative Care Network, efforts to improve clinical care for all people living with Spina Bifida.
How we’ll accomplish this:
- Clinics/Health Care Providers: Expand and strengthen SBA’s relationship with clinics and health care providers to advance their knowledge about caring for individuals with Spina Bifida.
- Translational Research: Ensure the Guidelines are understood and being implemented by clinics and care providers to inform care.
- Outcomes: Use NSBPR data to understand differences in patient outcomes in different clinical settings.
- Transition Support: Improve the transition of care from pediatric clinics to an adult care system.
- Adult Care: Improve access to adult care.
- Partnership: Network with other organizations/specialist societies to identify and build on shared education and advocacy priorities.