The Spina Bifida Association Marketing & Communications committee will serve as an advisory role to the Marketing & Communications staff to support communication strategy and efforts that support the strategic goals of the Spina Bifida Association. The committee will serve as a sounding board for marketing initiatives, strategies, develop and hone innovative ideas, create timely and important resources, and provide feedback on marketing activities as requested by the marketing team.
Members provide a diverse perspective on the needs and expectations of the Spina Bifida community and point SBA to the valuable community, national, and even international resources. The service term is two years, and members may choose to re-apply at the end of their term.
To benefit from as many community perspectives as possible, SBA strives to include members from various areas of the country, and diverse socioeconomic levels, ages, ethnicities, professions, and backgrounds.
Interested in joining the MCC?
We are currently accepting applications to join the MCC for the 2021-2022 term.
MCC members should:
- Attend a minimum of 9 out of the 12 meetings. Meetings occur virtually once a month unless otherwise specified
- Be a minimum of 21 years old
- Be able to participate effectively in a collaborative group process, which requires the ability to listen to and work well with other Council members
- Willingness to learn about community issues, analyze and synthesize data, and view solutions at a system-wide level
- Commitment to open communication and consensus decision-making
- Willingness to engage in frank and candid discussions about community issues and solutions
- Be able to provide feedback in a respectful manner
- Be committed to diversity
- Be able to keep the required information confidential